Three tugboats owned by Cindy and Jon Smith are tied to the pier at the Boothbay Harbor Shipyard.
Two new more powerful and fuel-efficient engines are being installed in the Lucinda Smith.
The steel hull of the Lucinda Smith was cut away and lifted to the stern to make room for a large crane to lift out the old engines and be replaced with two 1350 HP engines and German ZF5.61 gears.
Used for dredging harbors and construction, the Lucinda Smith, Eddie R and Cameron’s Point work along the Atlantic coast. A detailed article about the tugboats is in the Boothbay Register.
Watch a VIDEO on the Lucinda Smith Tugboat.